How do we get from the airport to Alpine Horse Safaris?
- Combined Shuttles will pick you up from Christchurch airport and deliver you to Alpine Horse Safaris. The day after the trip ends the shuttle will deliver you back to Christchurch airport.
Can I hire a sleeping bag?
Do we have cellphone coverage?
- No cellphone coverage. We carry a satellite phone and a located beacon with us.
What type of boots do I need?
- You need strong, sturdy, tramping/hiking boots.
Do I need my own rain gear?
- If you have good waterproof gear, bring it. We do not supply wet weather gear.
How much alcohol can I order?
- You can order as much as you like. We don’t carry glass bottles, but decanter all spirits in plastic bottles.
Can I give my alcohol order to Alpine Horse Safaris to purchase?
- Yes, Jenny will need the order 2 weeks before the safari starts. This will enable her to pack the boxes prior to you arrival.
Do you have a weight limit?
- Yes, we do have a weight limit of 120 kg, or BMI less than 30 If you have any queries about you height and weight, please contact us.
Am I involved in the daily work?
- Yes you will be involved in the daily work, as saddling horses, helping with packing the horses and daily tasks in the hut. Please make sure you read our terms and conditions, before you do your booking.